General discipline covering the fields of mechanical design, electrotechnics, electronics, automation, computer science, and robotics.
7 years in the development and design of machines and instruments dedicated to complex scientific experiments in molecular biology at the EMBL (European Molecular Biology Laboratory).
Genetic biology :
- Development of a fly embryo microinjection automated device
Macromolecular X ray crystallography :
- Development of a protein crystal harvester (CrystalDirect)
- Improvement of an XY micro-positioning table (Centring Table)
- Improvement of a microdiffractometer (MD3 microdiffractometer)
- Improvement of an air humidifier (HC2 dehydration device)
4 years of maintenance and operation of a remotely operated vehicle ROV H800 from ECA Group.
- Robot and scientific equipment maintenance
- Robot operation for surveys and subsea works down to 900m depth.
- Robotics tools design for subsea works (specialized pipe claw, rope cutter)